Last Updated: Aug 4, 2021
This notice applies to users of HomeSphere’s services anywhere in the world, including users of HomeSphere app and website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
* Information you provide to us or allow others to provide to us
At various points in the HomeSphere experience, you may provide us with information about yourself. For example, when you create an account with HomeSphere, you provide us with personal information like your name, email address, and zip code. And if you place an order with HomeSphere, we collect information including your address, phone number and the details of your order.
If you log into the HomeSphere service through a third-party, we may receive some information about you through them. For example, if you choose to log into HomeSphere with your Facebook account, we may receive information about your contacts. We may also offer social sharing tools (such as the Facebook Like button) that let you share actions on HomeSphere with other sites and vice versa. You should check the privacy policies of these services and your settings there for more information.
* Technical information about usage of HomeSphere
When you use the HomeSphere services, either through a browser or mobile app, we automatically receive some technical information about the hardware and software that is being used.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES:
We and our partners use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and device identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer when you access our services through a browser. We may use session cookies (which expire when you close your browser), persistent cookies (which expire when you choose to clear them from your browser), and other identifiers to collect information from your browser or device that helps us personalize your experience and remember things like your current zip code or that you have already logged in to HomeSphere.
We employ some third-party services to help us understand the usage of HomeSphere, and these third-parties may also deploy cookies on our site or collect information through our mobile applications. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand, in a non-personal way, how users interact with various portions of our site you can learn more about information that Google may collecthere (http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
* Provide the HomeSphere service to you and to improve the quality of the service we’re able to offer
* Allow your Personal Shopper (which includes those that shop for and deliver the order on your behalf) to choose your items at a retailer site, deliver your items to you, and call or text you with any updates or problems
* Charge you for the purchase and service costs through one or more payment processing partners
* Offer you customized content (including advertising and promotions), such as prominently displaying items you purchase frequently.
* Understand how users interact with our service as a whole in order to test new features and improve HomeSphere for everyone
* Provide customer service, respond to your communications and requests, and contact you about your use of HomeSphere (Note: You can opt-out of receiving promotional communications from HomeSphere by using the settings on the Account Info page)
WHAT WE SHARE
HomeSphere is a platform that may connects users with Personal Shoppers who shop for and deliver the goods that you want from retailers. In order to make this work, we need to share information about you and your order with the other parties who help enable the service. This includes, for example, the Personal Shopper(s) who pick and deliver your order.
We also share information under the following principles:
* With your consent or at your direction We will share your information with entities outside of HomeSphere when we have your consent to do so or it is done at your direction. For example:
* If you enter loyalty card information from a particular retailer, we share that information with the retailer you chose along with your order so that information can update your loyalty card account.
* If you share a recipe publicly on HomeSphere, it is viewable by anyone along with your first name and last initial.
* For legal purposes We share your information when we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities, (b) prevent, detect, or otherwise handle fraud, security, or technical issues, and (c) protect the safety, rights, or property of any person, the public, or HomeSphere.
* On a non-personal or aggregate basis We share information with retailers and advertisers on both a non-personally identifying basis (including order and delivery details but not including credit card information) and an aggregate basis.
* For business purposes We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share your information between and among HomeSphere, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.